Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's *so* easy being green!

Sorry I've been neglectful of my blog. I a)have been busy this week, and b)kinda forgot about it. It's such a new thing to me that I'm not used to it yet.

I am blocking the pieces of my Rebecca wrap cardi as I type! Yippee! It's taken me just a little over a week to knit, and it's been very fun. Hopefully it'll turn out as cute as I think it will. I bought a cute little dress at Target yesterday that I think will be perfect for it. It's a fun shade of green, kinda like Kermit the frog. I must be on a green kick lately (even though my favorite color is purple). Maybe I was just getting in the mood for St. Patty's Day this past Thursday, I don't know, but while I was sitting in the doctor's office this week, I looked down and noticed that what I was knitting was the same shade of green as the sweater I was wearing, which is one I knitted last year out of Reynolds Allagash. It also matches the yarn I used for the Grace top from last spring's knitty.com issue. Hello, I am Greenwoman! Gimme some candy! (Poor Adam Sandler reference.)

I get to swatch tonight for my other Rebecca cardigan, the Apricot Jacket from a previous issue. Mine is going to be a pretty shade of seafoam blue. Yes, I said seafoam blue. I know seafoam usually is green, but this is really a blue trying to be a seafoam green. Again, the green is coming into play! But it really is more blue than green.

On a non-knitting note, my first Ironman experience is 24 weeks from today! At this time 24 weeks from now, I hopefully will be completing the second half of the marathon run at Ironman Wisconsin. For all you non-triathlon types, an Ironman is a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, and a 26.2-mile run. It's been something I've wanted to do for 9 years, but didn't really feel like I was ready/fit enough to do so until last year. I haven't officially started training yet, but I know that once I do, I will be very tired and my knitting will probably suffer. But it's okay. To hear the announcer yell my name as I cross the finish line will be worth it. I'll catch up on my knitting while I'm recovering.

No comments: