Wednesday, July 05, 2006

If anyone still reads this...

...I'm still here. My summer has turned into a whirwind full of bikes, pools, sunscreen, driving, and horses, and I have not really had the chance to blog. I hardly have time for knitting either. Poo. I have some pictures to share with you, though, and will do so the next free moment I have. Pictures of an almost-there Rowan Cricket Vest and of an especially cute little boy on his favorite horse, Vader.

For those of you wondering what is behind the mention of a cute boy and horses, Hayden spent last week at Saddle Up! camp. Saddle Up! is a therapeutic horse program for kids with special needs (autism, Down's syndrome, cerebal palsy, etc.) , and they offer a week-long summer camp for kids who are on the waitlist to get into their regular program (we've been on the list for over 2 years now - sheesh). He got to learn how to take care of a horse and ride him. He had an absolute BLAST. So, to the TRIAD camp people who wouldn't let him in: kiss our butts. We don't need your stinkin' camp. Riding horses and doing arts and crafts is way more fun than all day therapy sessions.

6 comments:

Jen said...

here here! who wants to be in therapy when you can play and be creative? Glad to see you're having a great, busy summer. See you when it slows down a bit.

eunny said...

Glad you're back, and glad you're having a fun summer! It's so cool that Hayden loved the camp...I have this ridiculous fear of horses, but I guess little boys are different :)

Ellie said...

Always preferred bikes to horses myself, but woot! for Hayden!

spaazlicious said...

Hooray! I missed ya! Horses rock (and stomp! but of course these camp horses won't, they're probably old pros).

knitncycle said...

Yea! I was wondering where you'd been! Glad to hear Hayden had such a good time with the horses. Our summer has been pretty busy too!

Lolly said...

Sounds like summer is bringing all sorts of great experiences! The horses sound like an amazing therapy for Hayden.

Best wishes!