Thursday, May 12, 2005

Tempt(yawn)ing

I'm so close to finishing the Tempting sweater from knitty.com, and I think I might fall asleep. It's not a very exciting knit, let me tell you. 2x2 rib the whole way. The picture is so cute, though. I'm hoping it'll all be worth it in the end. My goal is to finish it by the end of this weekend. I've got about 4 more inches to do, so it should be possible. I am going to be very busy this weekend, though, so I don't know.

I have a 5-year old son who is autistic, and one of his therapists has asked me to knit a couple of things for the silent auction being held during the Autism Conference in mid-July. She wants one of them to be a scarf, and the other is up to me. I think I might do a felted bag with some fun novelty yarn at the top. The scarf is a toss-up between Clapotis from Knitty, and Short Row Rib from magknits. I'd like to make up my mind by the time I finish Tempting so that I can start on it after that. If anyone has an opinion to give me either way, let me know.

This morning I got an email letting me know that I'm in Secret Pals 5! Yay!!! I found out about Secret Pals during the fourth installment, so I kept my eye out for the fifth installment to start. I'm excited; I think it'll be fun. My husband thinks I'm a nerd for doing it, but he thinks I'm a nerd a lot of the time. Oh well. When it gets closer to the time when SP5 starts, I'll post a list of things about me so that my secret pal will have an idea what to do/get.

So long for now! Going to do some secret knitting under my desk here at work b/c I'm bored but don't want to get caught. Sounds a little George Costanza-ish, don't you think?

No comments: