I finished another sweater yesterday, so I got my husband to take a picture of me in it before I went to work today:
The pattern is a Fiesta Yarns pattern for their Gelato Ribbon Top. A friend of mine suggested that I do this when we found it at a yarn shop in Memphis b/c she's done it and said it was very flattering. It is very flattering - makes my boobs look huge!!! No wonder my husband complimented me so much this morning! I used Artyarns Supermerino instead of the Fiesta Yarns Gelato Ribbon b/c a)it was cheaper, and b)I liked it better. Handpainted yarn is soooooo yummy. I didn't have fun with the pattern, though, until I got up to the armholes. The increases were giving me all sorts of problems. Here's a close up shot of one of the side seams:
As you can see, I couldn't quite master the technique of increasing without making a hole. One side was worse than the other, so I ended up sewing them up. Fortunately these holes aren't as obvious in person b/c no one is typically looking under my arm that closely. Overall I'm pleased with this sweater b/c it is so flattering and I love Artyarns so much, but I wouldn't choose to do it again. If I did, I'd get someone to show me how to increase before and afer a marker without making holes.