Thursday, January 04, 2007

Quickie

I haven't posted in a while because I've been uber-busy. I'm still uber-busy, but I feel guilty for not posting, so I thought I'd do a quickie. What's been going on in the Honeycutt Household:

1. In case you were wondering, I did get Hayden's McTavish jacket done in time for Christmas. I will post pictures in the next couple of days. I meant to make it a little big so that it'll definitely last for at least another year, but somehow it fits him pretty well right now. Sh!t. Oh well - I hated working with that yarn so much that I was just glad to have the damn thing done. Real wool from Ireland is no joke, my friends. Working with it is not for the faint of heart. If this yarn were a human, I think he'd have a punk-rock attitude and yell, "WOOL!" with his fist pumped in the air. Every once in a while I'd have to put it down and touch the chemo hat I made out of Rowan Cashsoft for a friend's dad. Rowan Cashsoft became my Woobie for a couple of weeks.

2. Hayden's big Christmas present this year was YET ANOTHER trip to Disneyworld. Instead of flying this time, we drove, so I had 10 hours of guilt-free car knitting each way. I got my niece's hat, a pair of socks for Hayden, and part of a sleeve for a jacket for me done. I also developed a weird pain in the bend of my right elbow. Hmmm...couldn't possibly be the knititng. Anyway, we had fun in Orlando, but it was crowded. We were there Dec 29th through Jan 2nd, the busiest time to be at the Happiest Place on Earth. The Magic Kingdom got so full on New Year's Eve that when we tried to get in around noon, we were denied. We ended up spending the day with all of the other Magic Kingdom rejects at Disney Studios. Hayden loved meeting the characters and seeing the "Beauty and the Beast" production 3 times , and Mike and I got to ride Aerosmith's Rock n Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. (We had to ride them separately so that one of us could stay with Hayden. Believe me, riding a ride by yourself at Disneyworld gives you a bit of a Loser Complex.) Those rides KICK ASS.

And now I present to you the pictures I promised in a post almost a month ago:


This is my new niece Lucy (aka Squirt - she's a farter) in her Pea Pod Baby Cardi. We don't always prop our babies up on tables, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The pattern is on IK's website. I used Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere, and I think it turned out great. We all decided that she looks good in the darker colors. I meant to give her the matching hat for Christmas and I could have had I not forgotten to pack my size 5 double pointed needles in my bag on our way to Memphis on Christmas day. My mother has an abundance of dpns, but being the sock-knitting snob that she is, the biggest she has are 3s. I got it done on the way to Orlando, though, and will put it in the mail tomorrow.


This is Hayden and his 2 huge front teeth with the guy who played Chad in the community theater production of "High School Musical" that we went to with my parents in the beginning of December. I wish the background weren't so dark so the bigness of Chad's 'fro was clearer. The picked-out 'fro was the closest this kid could get to the great mop of curls that Chad in the movie has. Anyway, it's a terrific picture - at least I think so. But I'm partial to both my son and black men. (And I'm married to the Whitest Man in America. Go figure.)

No comments: