Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Not that I really have time for this...

...but I thought I'd share pictures of my latest FOs, plus 1 WIP.

Pattern: Knitty's Clapotis
Yarn: Blue Heron Yarns beaded wool, Winterwood colorway, 2 1/2 skeins
Needles: Denise interchangeables size 7


(Yikes! What a hole in the back of my hair!)

Discussion: Yes, I'm very late to the party. My LYS is trying to show its clientel that they're Internet-savvy, so they want to have shop models of popular Internet projects. Since most of my sentences while in the shop start with, "There's this pattern on the Internet..." (much like American Pie's "One time in band camp...", except I've never stuck anything knitting-related into my vajayjay), I was an easy target. They provided the yarn (hence the use of yarn that's $26/skein), I knitted the Clap, and there you go. I think after it's hanging in the shop for a while I'll get it back, but I'm not sure. I might make another one for a gift, but this time I'll use smooth yarn. The beaded texture, while really pretty, doesn't show off the stitch definition very much.


Pattern: Mason Dixon Knitting's Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic, 2 skeins
Needles: Denise interchangeables, size 6
Discussion: I had just enough of this yarn left over from the Modern Log Cabin Blanket for this sweater, I had a pretty bad back spasm on Friday that left me sitting on the couch most of the weekend, and I've been invited to a baby shower this Sunday. How perfect! This pattern is a)very easy and b)true to its name - heartbreakingly cute. I found myself looking at other colors of Cotton Classic today for more baby kimonos. I don't have any other pregnant friends, so I don't need to make another one, but it's so damn cute!


This is the garter stitch portion of my Juliet. (And my boobs look fabulous! Yippee for tight tees and pushup bras!) The sleeve stitches are on holders because I thought of adding sleeves, but the more I try it on this tight long-sleeve tee, the more I like the cap sleeve look. And I LOVE the color. I'm not a girly-girl by any means, but this pink is adorable. I'm getting a slightly smaller gauge (man, Hayden is standing next to me, singing a song from Sleeping Beauty - if you could only hear him!) than the pattern calls for, but I'm cool with it. I've read that Zephyr patterns tend to run on the big side, so instead of going down a size like most bloggers have, I stayed with the small and am hoping that it'll turn out okay. I think it will. I'm about to start the lace section, and I'm a little worried. I was reading Craftster tonight, and some people went down a needle size to eliminate some of the poofiness. I didn't find the pattern to look poofy at all, so I don't really know what to do. If I stay on my 9s, will it balloon out right below my boobs? If I go down (wow - going down twice in one paragraph - DH could only be so lucky!) to 8s, will it look too flat? I think what I'm going to do is take my other WIP, DH's sweater vest, with me to Disneyworld and save Juliet until I get home on Monday. Or if I can get enough done tonight, I may have enough time to knit some before we leave tomorrow so I can see what I like. Off I go to pack! Tomorrow's it's off to Florida until Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And my boobs look fabulous!"
Why yes, yes they do. ;)

As does your clap btw--I do hope you get it back, it looks great on you.

(and I'm okay, just 'meh' on catchig up on my blog, y'know how it goes, thanks for the shout out :))

Ann Camp said...

Do you have any of the winterwood wool left (Blue Heron beaded wool)? I'm running short on a project and would love to purchase some.

Ann Camp said...

Contact me at ann.camp@yale.edu