Saturday, March 05, 2005

Hello world! This is Nakedie!

Welcome to my blog! I've been reading everyone else's blogs so much lately, that I thought it was only fair I start one of my own. I'm obviously a knitter, and my nickname is Nakedie - nothing risque. My friend was trying to say "Stephanie hurt her neck dancing at the Lenny Kravitz concert" but it came out "Nakedie hurt her Steph dancing at the Lenny Kravitz concert." Hence the name Nakedie.

I'm also a triathlete. In fact, I went for a 3 hour bike ride today followed an hour later by a 2-hour swim. Then I ate my weight in sushi! Yum! I'm going to be training this summer for the Ironman Wisconsin triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and 26.2 mile run), so my knitting time may be cut down a little. Bummer. Sometimes I wish I wasn't an athlete so I'd have more time to knit!

Things on my needles right now: the Apricot Jacket from a previous Rebecca magazine (I forgot the number and am too lazy right now to get up and look at the magazine), and a little seed stitch baby sweater out of Rowan All Seasons Cotton. I am a Rowan FREAK. Love it, love it, love it! I must've been smoking crack when I decided to do an entire sweater in seed stitch, but it's a baby one, so it's not too bad. I'm doing the Apricot Jacket for a friend who chose Rowan Calmer, which is an entirely different gauge. So I've had to do a lot of math, which I've never done before. It's not been the easiest project I've done, but it's been a learning experience. I think from now on, I'll choose yarn that's the same gauge the pattern calls for. But Calmer is awesome, so it'll turn out nice.

Things waiting in the wings: the Koigu pants shown in the latest Vogue Knitting magazine (love them! very anxious to start!), the Tempting sweater from Knitty.com, a ribbed short sleeved sweater (I think a Fiesta Yarns pattern, but I'm using some Artyarns merino), and the eyelet cardigan out of Rebecca magazine no 29. There's a knitalong for that (I don't know how to link things yet, so I can't give you that, but you can get to it from Digital Yarn's blog), so I've joined and I'm very excited. I've always wanted to do a knitalong, but I always seem to catch them at the end. I'll update you on my progress, hopefully with some pictures along the way!

Must go knit. Bye for now!

No comments: