Monday, March 28, 2005

Rebecca RULZ!!!

I finished my wrap cardi out of the new Rebecca last Thursday and debuted it at work the next day. I must say, I was rather adorable! It's the second most favorite sweater I've done for myself. The first is my Rowan 3/4 length raglan sleeve sweater out of purple that matches my bellybutton ring. Rowan will always be number one on my list, but Rebecca is becoming a very close second. Also, I finished the back of my Apricot Jacket (another Rebecca pattern, although I should call mine the Seafoam Blue Jacket since it's not Apricot) last night in a carb-induced stupor. (My in-laws seem to serve only starchy vegetables and breads when we get together, and I usually get home feeling like crap. I guess I don't have to eat the mashed potatoes, rolls, macaroni and cheese, dressing, and navy beans, but then my plate would be empty.) It's really cute. I'm working on the left front right now. We're going out of town for a duathlon next weekend, so that'll give me a lot of guilt-free knitting time, and I should be able to knock out a lot of it.

Ironman note: less than 23 weeks! 23 weeks from now, I should be limping around, very happy and very tired. I got out my calendar today and started planning my training. In July and August, I will be on my bike A LOT. Every Saturday I'll be riding 5, 6 or 7 hours, then doing a couple of more hours running and biking on Sunday. Yipes! If this is what it takes for me to cross that finish line happy before midnight on September 11th, though, I'll do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is going to be a great way to keep up on what you're doing. Great Blog!
tnbeadlady