Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ding ding! Round 2!

Yay! I've got a new secret pal - and I've already heard from her! Yippee!! I'm very excited about this, b/c I was disappointed when the first one didn't work out.

Anyway, hello to my new SP! And here's a list of things about me, just so you can know me better:

1. I'm a triathlete.
2. But I didn't used to be one - in fact, when I started college, I weighed about 70 lbs more than I do now and was EXTREMELY lazy.
3. I have an autistic 5-year old son who is very funny, sweet, smart and fun to be around.
4. Even though my son is funny, sweet, smart and fun to be around, he is still more of a handful than a typical 5-year old; therefore, I highly doubt I will have any more kids.
5. I'm getting closer and closer every day to realizing a dream of mine that's been 9 years in the making: doing an Ironman triathlon. I've done very well in my training, but I can tell it's taking a toll on me b/c I've become a Hamburger Queen (guess my body is telling me it needs protein!) and I've become way more emotional. I cried this morning during the Tour de France, and felt really silly while doing it.
6. My favorite drink right now is Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in a bottle. Cans make drinks taste funny. I also love real Coke, but only after a hard workout.
7. I love love love the color purple. One day last year, one of my son's classmate's fathers said to me, "Do you like the color purple?" I thought it was bizarre that he - a man - noticed that, but then I realized that I had worn something purple every day that week.
8. I try to knit every day. Every once in a while something happens that causes me not to be able to, but I usually can fit at least 5 minutes in.
9. I love handpainted yarns like Koigu and Artyarns.
10. I also love anything Rowan. Calmer, All Seasons Cotton and Wool Cotton are my favorites.
11. I live in Nashville, so we can't wear heavy wool. It hardly ever gets cold enough. Last Christmas, I knitted my husband a sweater out of Lamb's Pride Bulky. I was so proud of myself b/c a)I managed to keep it a secret and b) it fit him PERFECTLY, but it was too hot for him to wear very much. He wore it maybe 5 times, and sweated through a couple of those.
12. Right now I'm working on the Fiery Bolero from the summer issue of Interweave Knits, a secret project for a secret pal, and the Lelah top from Christine's website.
13. I bought the fall issue of Interweave Knits today so that I can join the Union Market Square Pullover knitalong. I've done one other knitalong, and had a blast doing it.
14. I have a serious sweet tooth. I tend to "need" dessert after dinner every night. I like Weight Watchers desserts and chocolate chip cookies.
15. My sweet tooth is under more control than it used to be: I used to eat 4 Cadbury Creme eggs in one sitting, and I once ate so many M&Ms that I threw up.
16. It took me a year to be able to eat M&Ms again after getting sick off of them, but believe me - I'm totally over it!
17. My favorite things to knit are sweaters for me or my son.
18. My son looks so cute in the sweaters I knit for him that he belongs in the pages of a Rowan book!
19. I took an intarsia class from Sasha Kagan a couple of months ago, but sadly, I still knit with one color. I think I picked up on her method of doing intarsia, but I guess maybe I just gravitate towards solid colored things (or things knit with variegated yarn).
20. I really want to learn Fair Isle b/c in addition to the Union Market Square pullover (and the Greek pullover) from IK, I'd also like to do the Fair Isle cardigan for my son. It looks pretty difficult, so I may second guess myself later, but right now I think it's a sweater he needs this fall/winter.

So there you go! Secret Pal, feel free to ask me any other questions you might have!