Monday, July 18, 2005

Land of the UFO's!

Aack! How can I, the Extremely Anal Knitter, have several UFOs all over the house?!? In addition to the regular ones hanging out in my knitting room/closet, 2 more have landed in the past week. I have finished Lelah and have blocked it, but have I bought elastic to sew up at the top so I can wear it and it won't fall off? Noooooo. Getting elastic involves going to the fabric store with my son, which is a pain in the butt, so it keeps getting postponed. Maybe I'll send my husband to pick up some b/c he works near the fabric store. Also, my Fiery Bolero is done, just waiting to be sewn up. I'm very anxious to do that b/c I want to see how cute it'll be. I did it out of non-yarn-snob yarn, which I normally don't do. If it turns out to be cuter than, I may break down and do another one out of yarn snob yarn. But that decision involves me sewing up the seams and weaving in ends. It's on my To Do list for tomorrow, so hopefully it'll get done.

The reason these UFOs have landed in my house is that I've been EXTREMELY busy. (Which is also the reason I haven't posted since the 12th.) Last Friday I ran 12 miles (actually, it was 12.2, but I'm trying not to be totally anal) at 6am, went home, got ready for the day, went downtown to the National Autism Conference (during which I knitted in public - yay!), got picked up at 6pm by my husband, went to the Duran Duran concert (so much fun!), and got home after midnight. Saturday I got up at 7am, got ready for the day, went to the conference until noon, picked up a friend, went home to pack for a triathlon, picked up another friend, and drove to Chattanooga. Yesterday I did the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon (VERY fun race - for any triathletes in the Chattanooga area, I highly recommend putting this race on your calendar for next year!), took a shower, drove home, and actually played the role of Mommy until bedtime. Busy weekend. Oof! I'm tired! Hooray for Rest Day Mondays!!!

No comments: