Secret Pal 6 has started, and I've heard from my spoiler and I've gotten in touch with the one I'm spoiling. Her blog looks very interesting, and she's got some patterns that she's written that I may have to add to my list. Fun! Anyway, for my spoiler, here are some updated answers to the questionnaire. Some of these answers are the same as when I first answered them back in May, but some have changed.
1. Am I a yarn snob? Yes, I have to admit I am. I'll knit with some non-yarn snob yarn from time to time, but I really prefer the snobby stuff.
2. Do I spin or crochet? I don't spin, and I know how to crochet but don't do it much.
3. Any allergies? No.
4. How long have I been knitting? I learned 5 years ago but took a break for about a year. I've really been going strong for about 2 years.
5. Do I have an Amazon wish list? No.
6. What's my favorite scent? I'm not really big on scents, but I do like lavender.
7. Do I have a sweet tooth? YES YES YES!!! I especially love dark chocolate.
8. What other crafts or DIY projects do I do? I've done a lot - sewing, smocking, cross-stitching, scrapbooking, jewelry making - but knitting is my favorite.
9. What type of music do I like? Can my computer/stereo play MP3s? I like a lot of different stuff - southern rock, plain old rock, disco, dance music - there isn't much I don't like. My all-time favorites are Lenny Kravitz and Lynyrd Skynyrd (no, I'm not a redneck, but they're really fun to take your shoes off and dance in the grass to), but right now I can't stop listening to the latest Duran Duran CD.
10. What's my favorite color? Are there any colors I hate? Purple is the absolute best color in the world. I am knitting so many purple things right now it's scary. I really like green as well, and other bright colors: pink, orange. I don't like earthy tones like brown (although I bought some brown suede knee-high, high-heeled boots recently and they're HOT!)
11. What's my family situation? Do I have any pets? I've been married since 1998 and we have a 5 1/2 year old son who's autistic. We also have 2 dogs, a Jack Russell named Rudy and a German Shorthaired Pointer named Gracie.
12. What are my life dreams? Well, I just realized a 10-year old dream of mine when I completed the Ironman Wisconsin triathlon this past Sunday, so I don't really know. If I wanted to be totally serious, it'd have to be that a cure for autism would be found and it'd work on my son.
13. What are my favorite yarns? Lately I've been having a love affair with merino wool and with mohair. I can't go with anything too bulky b/c Nashville doesn't typically get really cold. I also love handpainted yarns like Koigu and Artyarns.
14. Are there any fibers I don't like? I don't like acrylic or chenille.
15. What are my current knitting obsessions? I always love knitting sweaters, and right now I'm in love with lacy mohair.
16. What are my favorite items to knit? Sweaters for me or my son.
17. What am I knitting right now? Where do I start??? I am working on the Union Square Market Pullover from Interweave Knits, the Butterfly camisole from the summer issue of Rowan, a vest for my son from a Rowan kids book, and will soon add to that list a fuzzy halter top for my best friend.
18. What are my thoughts on ponchos? I don't hate them, but I dont' see myself making any more in the future. I have a couple, and that's enough.
19. Straight needles or circulars? Circulars.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, or plastic? Bamboo.
21. Am I a sock knitter? I know how, but I don't make them very often.
22. How did I learn to knit? I took a class at my LYS with a group of friends.
23. How old is my oldest UFO? Almost a year now - I started a crochet scarf in a workshop last October and got so bored with it that I put it down. I tend not to have UFOs, though, b/c I'm very anal. I have a good reason for all of my UFOs.
24. What's my favorite animated character and my favorite animal? The Fraggles are coming back, and I'm finding I get excited when my son wants to watch them on DVD. I don't really have a favorite animal, but I have a totally UNfavorite animal: frogs. I'm so scared of frogs it's sad. I'm not responsible for anything I say or do when I see a frog.
25. What's my favorite holiday? Christmas. I usually knit my son a special sweater, and I love to see him in it. I also love giving knitted gifts.
26. Do I collect anything? No.
27. Do I have any magazine subscriptions? No.
28. Are there any books I want? Does any knitter ever answer no to this? I want Loop D Loop, the new Rebecca Soft Kid book and any book Rowan has ever put out. My birthday is coming up (this Friday!), so I may get some of these.
29. Are there any patterns I've been coveting? I'd say no to covet b/c that carries such a strong connotation, but I've been eyeing the new Rebecca magazine and the new Vogue knitting. If I had more time and less projects on my To Do list, I'd make the Koigu skirt in there, but just a little bit shorter. I also keep looking at Rogue.
30. What are my foot measurements, and what kind of socks do I like? I wear a size 8 shoe, but I typically don't wear socks. If it's warm enough, I'm in flip flops. If it's cold enough, I'm in boots that are too high to see a sock. If I'm exercising, I'm in running or cycling socks.