I've been tagged by MeBeth for a knitting meme. I always like reading people's answers, so I'll try not to disappoint with mine. Be forewarned: my previous life was nowhere near as fun and exciting as my current life is! Anyway, here I go:
Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place, then add your blog to the bottom slot:
Then add 3 people to tag (sorry, gals!):
see eunny knit!
the blue blog
What were you doing 9 years ago?
In February of 1996, I was a faily new resident of Nashville. I had come up here from Memphis in March of 1995 to no, not pursue a music career like most transplants, but to run a race, and had so much fun that I decided once I finished grad school, I'd move. I lived with my aunt and uncle until I found an accounting job, then I got my own place. However, I met Mike (my husband) in October of 1995 and moved in with him almost immediately. So by February, I was living in sin with the man who I would end up marrying. I was working at a now-defunct company in their accounting department, making less than $25,000/year and thinking that I was rich.
What were you doing 6 years ago?
In February of 2000, I was on maternity leave with my 1-month old Hayden. We spent a lot of time sitting on the couch, nursing and watching TLC shows. My mom had taught me how to smock while I was pregnant, so that was my craft du jour. Hayden wore a LOT of smocked daygowns and bubbles when he was a baby.
What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Hayden and I were at Kroger, something I should've done on Sunday but was either on my bike or too tired from being on my bike. He dropped an apple today right in front of this old lady, and I felt like a heel putting it back. But I didn't want to buy a bruised apple - who does? I was really glad that she wasn't one of those crotchety old biddies who feel like it's their duty to a)rip me a new one for letting my child drop an apple on the floor, and b)rat me out to the produce manager.
Name 3 movies/tv shows you can't turn off if you stumble across them on TV:
2. Malibu's Most Wanted
3. anything related to MTV's "Real World" or "Road Rules" or Landon from "Real World:Philadelphia" (I am soooooo in love with him - if anyone out there knows him or knows his mother, please send him my way!)
*Geez, my answers made me look like I'm 12 and don't have a brain in my head! I guess I just really like light-hearted TV shows.*
Name 3 things you want to improve upon this year:
1. not letting things get under my skin so much and stay there
2. my Ironman finish time
3. my creativity - going beyond a pattern, coming up with my own ideas
Name 3 things you can't live without (aside from knitting):
1. dark chocolate
2. my running shoes
3. the sight of Hayden walking across the playground towards me when he gets out of school - he's so excited to see me that his hands start flapping like crazy, and it never fails to put a huge smile on my face
Name 3 things you could live without:
2. snobby women
3. rednecks that think it's funny to honk right behind a cyclist/rev their engine while passing a cyclist/veer towards a cyclist so that the cyclist thinks he's about to get hit
Name 3 things you really like about yourself:
1. I'm a really fun mom
2. my quick wit
3. my short curly hair (on my head, that is)