Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolutions, schmesolutions.

Since I am Miss Anal and Miss Love to Make Lists, here are my New Year's resolutions:

1. Have 1 night each week be a TV-free game night. Hayden got a lot of cool games for Christmas, so we need to get them out. (One of them is Operation. I didn't remember how freakin' hard that game is!)

2. Finish Ironman Florida in 13:30 or less.

3. Finish the Gulf Coast Triathlon (half-Ironman) in under 6 hours.

4. Knit from my stash.

5. Learn new techniques like Fair Isle and lace.

6. Organize a fabulous race (running, that is) in the fall to raise money for the Autism Society of Middle Tennessee.

7. Send something to family members on their birthdays, even if it is just a card.

8. Knit mostly practical items. It's frustrating to spend time knitting something that is cool but can't be worn very often. "Look how cool this is! I'm going to put it in my closet for everyone to admire!"

9. Help Hayden become more independent. It's really easy to just do things for him like pick up his toys or get him dressed so that it can be done quickly, but he doesn't learn that way. And I certainly don't want to have a son who I still have to dress when he's 10 years old!

That's it. Last year I put "Try a new recipe once each week" but seeing as how I don't like to cook at all, that fell by the wayside very quickly. I have a husband who is willing to fix dinner while I knit, so why not let him?

Since it's over 20 degrees cooler today than it was yesterday, I got to wear the Goddess of Warmer Weather Sweater. I'd love to show it to you, but for some reason Blogger doesn't want me to. Maybe some other time. I think in an earlier post I said I used Artyarns Jazz to make it. I must've been on crack at the time, b/c that's not it at all. It's Artful Yarns Shakespeare in shades of grey, blue and cream. While I like how the sweater turned out, I will never use this yarn again. I had to be very careful b/c it had a tendency to break. I had to weave in more ends simply b/c the yarn had broken and I had to attach a new one. What a pain.

And here's my progress on the Malabrigo Shrug:


I did some eyelets on the front that line up with the eyelets on the back, but the problem is that they're so close to the edging that you can't really see them. Maybe if I block it after it's done, I can get the fronts to lay down better and you can see the eyelets. (I've been bad about blocking lately. I get so anxious to get something sewn together that I skip the blocking part. Bad knitter, bad!) I'm going to finish one sleeve and sew it in to make sure it works before I do the other one. The sleeves have the same purple and green ribbing at the cuff.

3 comments:

spaazlicious said...

Looks neat! Great goals!

Bummer about the artyarns, that seems very strange to not have enough twist to even stay together, but I haven't seen it.

Laura said...

Hmmm, you're blogging Ironman goals in one paragraph and in the later telling us of how the yarn pulls apart. Sounds like you've got the 'iron' part down already. }:D

Jen said...

Cute malabrigo progress! I'm going to use some of that for DF's sweater (pray that I don't fall victim to the sweater curse).

And ironman goals... I just am in awe of anyone who can exert themselves for 13 hours straight. Goddess is right!