Thursday, December 08, 2005

How Kool is this?

From this:



to this:



to this:



This is one of three batches of yarn Hayden and I are dyeing for his therapists' scarves. The color shown here is Strawberry, using 2 packets per 1 skein of Galway. (If you're an astute reader, you'll notice that the packet that Hayden is dumping into the pot is blue and not pink. That's because that picture was taken while dyeing the second batch using Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, which is making a pretty pale turquoise color.) An article I read in Knitty said that you need 1 packet per ounce of yarn, and a skein of Galway is 3.5 ounces, so I figured I'd use 4 packets. 4 packets per skein, Stephanie, not 4 packets total. I realized when I got home from Kroger that I had bought half the amount of Kool-Aid needed. Duh. So my color isn't as saturated. Oh well. I kinda like what we got. And Hayden is enjoying helping me, which is totally Kool. When he saw the pots out on the stove for the second batch, he immediately went to our dining room and got his chair to stand on. Every time he poured a packet in, he'd say, "Yay! You did it! Good job!" What a cute little boy. I just want to eat him up.

Doesn't the last picture look like a man with a funny crooked nose? Maybe I'm just silly, but that's what I saw right off the bat.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That looks really fun, and the results are incredible.