Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sunday goal setting

Well, I met all my goals from last week except the exercise one, and that's because I've developed some sort of pain in my lower back that has kept me from running since Wednesday night. My trainer thinks it might be sciatic nerve pain, so I've got to be really careful about stretching and maintaining good posture. Also, no running this week. I can bike and swim as long as it doesn't hurt. And I'm getting a massage tomorrow. Hopefully this will go away soon because running is the thing that I love the most, and is the easiest to do around the holidays when the gym is closed and you can't go for a swim or a Spin class. I did end up exericising 9 hours and 18 minutes, so I really wasn't that far away from my goal. And there's still time left tonight. If I want to, I could jump on my Spin bike for 45 minutes, which is what I was supposed to do today anyway (in addition to the hour run that I attempted this morning but had to stop 7 minutes into it).

And on the knitting front, not only did I finish the front of Mike's sweater, I sewed the shoulder seams, finished the neckline and did the ribbing on both sleeves! Yippee for me! Maybe there's hope for a FO by next Sunday after all!

The yarn dyed for the third and final therapist scarf is hanging in my bathroom. Hayden chose Arctic Green Apple. It didn't turn out nearly as bright as I thought it would, but it's still pretty. More like a seafoam green than a green apple. Mike and I will wind it tonight and I'll have the scarf done in time for Hayden's therapy session on Wednesday.

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Finish Mike's sweater by Saturday night.
2. Do all my swim and bike workouts.
3. Stretch and rest enough for my back to get better.

There's also another goal I've secretly set in my mind, but I can't blog about it because the person it pertains to sometimes reads this blog and I don't want to give anything away. But, once I meet it, you'll find out about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If eunny only knew what a sincere, caring and wonderful person you are. AND one of the best (if not the best) mothers.